Monday, January 31, 2011

Makeup/Skincare Mondays Basics Series: Winter Handcare

Winter time is always rough on the hands.  Even with gloves, my hands will get cold some times during the day due to extremely cold weather.  This morning I cleaned off the car with gloves on and the temperature was so low that my finger tips were freezing.  The temperature was around 10 degrees and with the wind chill I know it was lower than that.  Next I had to stop for gas and of course my finger tips were still cold so they got a little colder.  Side note:  Always try to keep your gas tank above 1/2 full during the winter time to keep your fuel line from freezing.  Back in the car with the heat on I warmed up my fingers and gloves. 

I noticed at work my hands were dry, and cracked with white lines between my fingers and on my palms.  The weather does so much damage to the skin.  I keep lotion in the car, at my desk and in my purse.  I always keep extra moisturizing lotions during the winter.  Currently I carry The Body Shop(TBS) Wise Woman Defensive Hand & Nail Cream and Merry Berry Cranberry Hand Creme.  At home I also have TBS Hemp Hand Protector.  These are some of my favorites including Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa.  I was told the Wise Woman line is being replaced with the Natrulift line but I did not see a hand and nail cream.  I hope they do have eventually have one or that I just overlooked it in the store.  I also tend to use moisturizers more often in the winter which is one of the reasons I prefer a heavy moisturizer that does not leave an oily residue.  One that note...good old Vaseline lotion still works great also. :)

Stay beautiful Divas and remember to protect your skin year round. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment