Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Makeup/Skincare Mondays Basics Series: Office/Purse supplies

I apologize for being a day late.  Too many jobs, but trying to do more on the blog this year.  Today I want to talk about supplies to keep on hand at your work desk, in your purse and even in your car for the winter time.  I carry hand sanitizer in my purse and keep one handy on my desk at all times.  So many germs are being passed around these days.  I also carry a small kit that contains lotion, pressed powder, gloss and/or lip balm, and mascara.  I always keep a container of hand lotion in my desk also.  In this weather the skin dries out so fast and even though I wear gloves my hands tend to get dry every few hours.  I also sometimes use the lotion on my face if I do not have a facial moisturizer on me.

I sometimes will throw in a few travel eye brushes and a quad or trio of shadows if I forget to do my eye makeup before I leave the house.  This especially occurs on days when the weather and roads are bad and in Michigan the roads can get very bad and travel time can double.  Today the roads were ok but the parking lot and walkways were icy.  Being at work on time is more important than makeup so I will do it after I get to work or before I leave work if I have an event after work hours.  I also keep makeup books in my bag and on my desk in case the weather is too bad to go out to lunch so I can catch up on my lunch time reading.  Things I may add in the future are face charts, and a palette or two to create some looks.  You never know if you may get stuck at work or have to stay overnight in a hotel due to the roads are too bad to travel on and it never hurts to have some things to do. 

As far as in my car, I normally just keep lotion, sun block and hand sanitizer due to low temperatures can damage some products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment