Monday, January 24, 2011

Makeup/Skincare Mondays Basics Series: Winter Lipcare

During the winter time I noticed my lips are more prone to being dry, flaky and cracking.  This is due to dry heat, cold wind and a busy schedule. I normally keep 3-5 lip products in my purse at a time.  During the winter time I keep at least one thick/sticky gloss and/or lip butter in my purse and at my desk to keep my lips protected all day.  Thick/sticky gloss works great for me year round because it last longer and it more moisturizing to me.  I know some people hate the sticky lip feel but I love the fact that they last longer and I don't have to apply any gloss, etc. to my lips alot during the day.  I prefer lippies in the pot like MAC Tendertones, The Body Shop lip butters, and Rosebud Lip Balm.  They work great and I carry a covered  lip brush so that I am not dipping my fingers in the pots.  I also try to exfoliate 1-2 times a week with Lush Sweet Lips or Bubble Gum Lip Scrubs.  They are great scrubs, tasty and natural.

I probably should wear scarves more often to cover my lips and cheeks when out in the cold wind.  When I do, I prefer to wash my scarves at least every week or maximum of two weeks to keep the germs and dirt away from my face.         

No comments:

Post a Comment