Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Every year Nordstrom has some great products at their anniversary sale.  This year since I have a Nordstrom account, I was able to shop before the sale officially started.  It was cool being invited in the draped off areas to see the sales items in advance.  I mainly stopped in for the cosmetics and checked out shoes also.


I picked up Ciate London's Denim Manicure kit.  This is going to be a great fall nail design.  The Nail Polish paints on a great denim look with one coat.  I will have to test the dazzle portion of the kit very soon and show you all the results.


It comes with Paint Pot in Regatta that drys to give a textured matte denim look finish.  It also comes with glue, studs in gold, bronze and copper, and gold and white stitching nail transfers.


Every year I would normally purchase my limited edition MAC items from the anniversary sale.  Since the quality of MAC eye shadows has changed and I usually have similar colors I have purchased less down through the years.  I was intrigued by the collection this year.  I tested the eye products and was not that impressed.  Packaging is cute but shadows were similar to colors I have from MAC in the past.  The quality is still better than some brands but not a "must have" for me.   MAC always has great lip products so I decided to purchase the nude lip bag only.  


The nude lip bag included Naked Proof Cremesheen Lipstick, Drawn to Chic lipglass and Boldly Bare lip pencil.  The Rebecca Moses illustrated bag has a vinyl feel with a cute lips and ribbons design.  

Some other products that would be great to pick up for yourself or as gifts:

Mario Badescu 'Hello to Clear' Skincare Set (Nordstrom Exclusive) ($43 Value) Mario Badescu "Hello to Clear" Skin care set

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'Iconic Eye' Set (Nordstrom Exclusive) ($100 Value) Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'Iconic Eye' Set

La Mer 'The Moisturizing Cream' Ultrarich Cream (Limited Edition Large Size) (Nordstrom Exclusive) ($1,317 Value) La Mer Limited Edition Large size  (Product Value compared to actual price is worth the purchase if this is one of your must have products)

Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Hold On' Brow Gel Anniversary Duo (Nordstrom Exclusive) ($42 Value)Anastasia Beverly Hills "Hold On" Brow Gel Anniversary Duo is a great buy I thought about purchasing also.  They did not have it in my local store but I am still debating on purchasing it online.

I could go on and on with all the great buys they have just in cosmetics... Trish McEvoy, NARS has 2-3 sets that are beautiful and Kiehls Jumbo Creme de Corps is a great buy when you compare the value to the actual price.

If you picked up anything from the sale or plan to please comment and share your views on the products, etc.  


BCBLLC

No comments:

Post a Comment